MyOttawa accounts are generated differently depending on your relationship with Ottawa University. Below are some common account types and how/when they get created...
- Students: Student accounts are created automatically for students having an academic status of either "Accepted" or "Good Standing"
- Faculty: Faculty accounts are created automatically when the instructor is recorded to be instructing a course for the current or coming term(s).
- Adjuncts: Adjunct accounts get created manually when HR puts in a request to the IT department for the instructor to be setup.
- Staff: Staff accounts get created manually when HR puts in a request to the IT department for the employee to be setup.
- Alumni: Alumni accounts get created automatically when students graduate from Ottawa University and the Advancement department runs an update to MyOttawa.