Here are two short videos to watch about the definitions of information literacy and critical thinking.
Five Components of Information Literacy
Questions to consider
What is information literacy?
- What is information literacy?
- What is critical thinking? Why is it important?
- How does critical thinking relate to information literacy?
- How does an information literate person behave?
- Why is information literacy important for you and your students?
Tasks to do while considering the above questions
- Review the American College & Research Libraries’ Information Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education (2000)
- Review the new Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education (2015)